Sushi rice and seafood, etc. rolled in dried seaweed sheets. There are countless varieties of sushi rolls differing in ingredients and thickness. Sushi rolls prepared “inside out” are very popular outside of Japan, but rarely found in Japan.
Booking a pop up or event from Yamato Catering is easy and takes just a couple of minutes.
+44 20 8453 1001
Small rice balls with fish, shellfish, etc. on top. There are countless varieties of nigirizushi, some of the most common ones being tuna, shrimp, eel, squid, octopus and fried egg.
Welcome to Yamato
“Yamato Catering was created to produce authentic Japanese food, using only Japanese and Oriental ingredients to give that authentic taste. We have the advantage of already supplying the UK market with these products, imported directly from Japan, for over 25 years. This ensures that we have control over the quality of ingredients used in our food production. By using traditional cooking and preparation methods from highly trained chefs we are able to maintain not only the both authenticity and quality. The beginning of our challenge was introducing Japanese cuisine and real taste to our wholesale customers. Our foods became very popular and we now have a high demand from 5 stars hotels, well known catering companies, air flight caterers and local food shops. Since then, we have aimed to make Japanese food as one of the ethnic national foods in the UK, akin to Italian, Indian or Chinese food at the present time. We are looking ahead to the future where everyone can enjoy real Japanese taste, anywhere in the UK with a reasonable price and a great healthy option.”
Japanese Sushi : Health Benefits
Professor Toshiro Takezaki, who led the study regarding Japanese sushi & health benefits, says: ‘Japanese people love fresh fish, particularly sushi. We think that is why, even though the Japanese smoke as much as people in the UK, their rate of lung cancer is only two-thirds as high.’
Raw fish: The omega-3 fatty acids in fish are linked to heart protection and improved circulation.
Rice: It is a good source of energy and provides a supply of protein. Long used by naturopaths to treat digestive disorders, it sometimes helps in relieving diarrhoea.
Wasabi: Scientists in Japan have discovered compounds called isothiocyanates in the paste that can help prevent tooth decay. It has also been found to aid cancer prevention and prevent blood clots, if eaten regularly.
Seaweed: It has concentrated mineral contents, such as iodine- vital for a healthy thyroid- copper, calcium iron and magnesium.
- Compass Group
- Compass Restaurant Associates
- Compass FMC
- Compass Levy Restaurants
- Compass Eurest
- Gather & Gather
- Delaware North
- Japanese Society
- Compass Head Office
- Google, HSBC, Citi Group, Credit Suisse, Clifford Chance, Bank of America, Amazon, AMEX, Bloomberg, IBM, Permira
- BNP Paribas, White and Case, Aviva, Uber, AIG, Morgan Stanley, ED&F Man, A.T.Kearney, BC Partners, Macquarie Group
- News UK, Cinven, Havas, Eversheds, RPC International, Liberty Global, Express Chef, Nomura, Deloitte, Lawrence, Nabarro
- Havas, Marzars, Kohlberg, Prudential, River Island, Societe Generale, Welcome Trust
- SKY Group, BBC, Vodafone, lloyds banking group, Dephna Group
- Japanese School, JEIB, Hiper Japan, TK Trading
- London Clinic, KPMG, Aon Ltd, Freshfields, Bain Capital
- Mash Purveyors Ltd, Alpha LSG, Karousel, Purple Grape, Rhubarb Food Design
- Hilton Hotel, Langham Hotel, Intercontinental Hotel, Arora Hotel, Corinthia Hotel, For Seasons Hotel, Royal Blue Hotel, Sofitel Hotel, St Ermins Hotel, Renaissance Heathrow Hotel, The Lensbury Hotel
- Chelsea Football Club, Arsenal Football Club
- Wimbledon, O2 Arena, Wentworth Golf Club, Olyimpia, Excel London, Twickenham, Oval Cricket, Wembley Arena, OXO Tower
For your perfect events
Whether you are planning an event for your clients, a private party,
or a sushi/gyoza pop up, please contact us.
|Week days||9.00 – 18:00|
|Saturday||10.00 – 17:00|